Thursday, April 1, 2021

Shalom, but not 'good-bye'

 


Shalom Chaveirim/Dear Friends:


When I came to Temple Sinai back in 1998 I had not lived in any one place longer than three years, at least not since I was a kid. So the fact that I've been here for almost 23 years is really astounding. But as Jerry Seinfeld said when he decided to end his TV show, "I wanted the end to be from a point of strength. I wanted the end to be graceful."  


 And so it is that I have made the decision to retire at the end of this school year, while the Temple is strong, in good hands, and before I've reached my expiration date.


Temple has been a source of love, joy, inspiration, and strength to me over these years. I've made wonderful friends and connections, had great times, and above all, loved working with the many, many children over the years. 


I’m not going anywhere, I’ll still be around. I won’t be the Education Director anymore, but I hope I will always be Morah Judy.


Chazak, chazak, v'nitchazek/May we go from strength to strength,


Morah Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment